Friday 20 February 2015

Fitbits!

How do you motivate me to do something I don't want to? Turn it into a game or competition!

For Valentine's Day, I bought Fitbit flexs for Phyllis and myself. A somewhat courageous choice of present that seems to have worked out well. Fitbits are wearable devices that can track your activity (exercise, sleep patterns, etc).

So, I now know that walking  from my home to Macquarie University in the morning through the Lane Cove National Park is 4.8 km and takes 5,700 steps (which puts me along way towards the daily goal of 10,000 steps).

The odd thing is that even though I have not work a watch for over twenty years, I find myself trying to check the time on my Fitbit flex many times a day.

Warning- scary closeup of my arm



No comments:

Post a Comment