Saturday 23 May 2015

Death by Grant Review

This year I am serving on an NHMRC grant review panel, which means I will once again get to spend my birthday in wintery Canberra for the panel meeting. For some reason (more grants submitted? less panel members?) this year the mostly unpaid workload is much higher. I have 23 grants to review within the next week, which means I will spend pretty much every waking moment looking at grants. I do have a feline advisor in my lap at the moment to give her recommendation on each grant.

Not an actual view of my grants to review, since I do it all electronically

1 comment:

  1. Grant review is a very tedious and difficult task to perform. You are really a hardworking person to go through all this and review each file. Any mistake in it could lead to problems.

    ReplyDelete